Sunday 24 October 2010

The Pros and Cons of iPods

My iPod. How brilliant it has been over the past few months.
But then Thursday came, and everything changed. Listened to it in Art, everything was fine. Turned it off. Left it in my bag for a couple of hours then got it out after school. Plugged it in to my laptop. Nothing. Pulled it out, plugged it back in. Nothing.
Then, it completely crashed my laptop. Stayed working on it for a few hours and it kept repeating the cycle. Turned off my laptop again and this time, it didn't turn back on.
Now, it's beginning to do the same, but it's not fooling me this time. It's crashed, stuck on a screen where it says "Connected. Eject before disconnecting" even though the USB isn't in and neither is the other end. Pretty obvious it's crashed.
I've had it since Christmas and nothing like this has happened before. What the actual hell? I'm not happy. It can just go away and die for all I care.

So, the pros of my iPod:
  • It's kept an annoying kid in my Art class from talking to me
  • It's kept me company on long journeys
  • It's drowned out the TV when I don't want to watch it

The cons:
  • It's being crashing after not even a year of use
  • It's crashing my laptop when it shouldn't be
  • I don't know how to fix it, I'm not a tech genius
  • It's technology. These kinda things happen and I have a feeling it's going to keep happening
I'm gonna leave it at that. It's technology. What can you do? Other than send it off and get a new one, but I don't want the hassle. Rant over. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment